
Yes, the day my father knew would come, but my mom was hoping she could avoid for my entire childhood has finally arrived...

I officially have the flu.
A stomach flu in fact... apparently highly contagious and potentially dangerous to my health
My mom took it harder than me (as evidence of the picture of me smiling this afternoon).
She is still agonizing over where she went wrong... after all, she has gone through about 12 litres of Purell since I've been born

So, while I slept, my mom took out her frustrations on any potential germs in the house.
My toys were the first things to be launched into a bathtub full of warm, anti-bacterial water & bubbles

The bigger toys succumbed to a different fate - they got a stint in the dryer

My doctor recommended Pedialyte so I don't get dehydrated. And not only does it smell awful, but tastes awful too!

But I am such a good boy, I have been drinking it all day (my mom keeps trying to trick me into drinking it by giving it to me through all different methods)

My mom also recruited her three best friends to help out

All of my usual haunts were 'triple' disinfected and subsequently received my mom's rubber glove thumbs up for cleanliness

She even striped off my cool football sheets and took my blue blankie away (replacing it with this less desirable one... as if I wouldn't notice!)

But I got it back after it was washed not once, but twice
***
Well, it was nice getting to know everyone. Unfortunately I will now have to say goodbye as I will be under the care of a private quarantined nanny and will also be home-schooled.
But mom said she might let me go out in a bubble on Christmas and perhaps my birthday :)
4 comments:
GET WELL SOON BEEJ!
xo
aly
Beej, it was great getting to know you; I will remember fondly kisses, hugs and going for walks. These days are behind us know and I hope that can continue our friendship through the thick paned glass that your mother will keep you behind. Feel better buddy!
I hope you feel better soon so we can go out on another chaperoned date...maybe we can try and ditch the mommies next time...i'm thinking candlelight dinner over milk, romantic baby mozart tunes, you get the idea sweetie... love sophia : )
I can't have the "bubble boy" for a nephew!
You can't come to the middle east and ride a camel in a plastic hamster wheel so get better soon!
Post a Comment