Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CreativFest (aka The Craft & Needlework Show)

On Saturday I went to a very special place - the Craft Show!
A whole bunch of us went too- Grandma (and her friend Dale), Papa, Aunt Erica, Irene and mom. Surprisingly Dad was 'unavailable' on Saturday and could not attend...
After many hours of looking at thread, yarn, scrapbook supplies, beads and 'be-dazzlers', Aunt Erica and I decided to order some smoothies! Banana / Strawberry for me please!

Hey ladies - is there room for one more?
Better yet, why don't you stop your embroidery demonstration and I can enlighten you all on the wonders of something called the 'Knifty Knitter'!

"Hey Aunt Erica - what is with all of these quilting books - where's Peter Rabbit??"

While all of the craft booths were a lot of fun, the real truth is that I spent most of the day hanging out with my Papa watching the Wiggles on the portable DVD player.
Thanks Papa for taking care of me while all of the ladies abandoned me to buy cool thread.
(And an extra special thanks for giving me the good snacks that mom never lets me eat!)


1 comment:

grandma gail said...

B.J. you were such a good boy at the craft and needlework show!!! We will make you into such a good shopper your Dad will be sorry he left you in our hands. The way you gravitated to the quilting books made me very happy. Next year you'll be helping us pick out just the right colour of thread. I'll also make sure I stock my purse with more of the grape fruit snacks. Aunt Erica had fun following you from booth to booth while you looked at all the beads, fabric and yarn. We all had such a good time I can't wait till October when we can do it again.
Hugs and kisses
XXXXXXXXOOOOOO
Love, Grandma