Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Good 'Ol Hockey Game

Last weekend we went to visit some friends and when we pulled into the driveway their next door neighbour was outside playing hockey with his son (who looked completely younger than me). So Daddy decided that we needed to make an emergency trip to National Sports to buy me my very first hockey stick!

Yep - this is definitely 'the one'

Mommy had fun taking pictures of me while I wandered around the store holding my new hockey stick yelling 'Score!'

After the momentous purchase Daddy immediately cut down my stick for me. Of course I thought it would be appropriate to wear my NHL shirt for the occasion
Time for my first lesson

Face-off daddy... you're going down!

And after only one lesson I already have MAD skills... a future Stevie Y!
(that one is for Aunt Nycki and Aunt Erica!)

3 comments:

grandma gail said...

I can't wait to go to your hockey games and I'll cheer really loud as I've been known to do every now and then (your Mom will very likely hide somewhere...). I'll be lots of fun!
Hugs and kisses
XXXXXOOOO
Grandma

Kenny & Erica said...

I need to get back and teach you some MAD skating skills. Your mom knows a couple of really nifty moves though... ask her about the one with the chopping hand motion from one side to the other. She can also teach you a fantastic sit spin. Could come in handy when trying to outmaneuver your opponents. Just remember to wash your gear after every game... no one likes the smelly kid in the locker room.

Skylar Kaylee said...

Beej - Aunt Nycki is so happy that your mommy mentioned Stevie Y here. I knew there was still some 'good' in her!! And I can't wait until I get to come to your hockey games. Just be warned...I yell VERY loudly. But then again...so does your Grandma :-)