Part 2 of my vacation consisted of heading south to the good 'ol US of A to a place called Lake Chemung in Howell Michigan
(personalized embroidered shirts are optional when travelling there)
We rented a sweet cottage on the lake right by Grandma & Papa's place
The cottage had everything we wanted...
a dock, a beach, a nice grassy lawn...
a fire pit (complete with muskoka chairs)...
but the absolute BEST part of the cottage was...
A lot of time was spent swimming in the sandy shores of lake Chemung.
Mom and Brookie were like fish!
There was SO much to do every day, it was hard to fit everything in.
Fishing was definitely a fan favourite. And while Brookie can lay claim to catching lots of fish (as seen above) I was the only one who managed to catch Papa!! A minor casting incident might have caused a hook to go into Papa`s ankle... sorry about that Papa!
A favourite pastime of the adults at the cottage was lounging and chatting in lawn chairs (I might have participated as well...)
Moreover, the adults favourite time of day was `11:30`!
This was the special hour of day when the Drink Tray would first arrive! Mom was normally first in line for the drink tray.... sweet orange whips!
Even Grandma had an orange whip or two!
One night I had a sleepover party with Lola. This is where the adults experimented with putting us in the same room overnight.
While it was not a overly successful endeavour, the adults were highly entertained by watching us interact on the video monitor. Especially the part when Lola was asking for her `mama`to which I replied `Lola - they`re not coming, go to bed`
At the cottage Papa has this sweet ride... I enjoyed cruising the lake and waving to the peeps
Because you are all faithful Beej bloggers, I will let you in on a little secret... the BEST part of renting a cottage in Michigan is NOT about the lake or boats or fishing or eating or sandy beaches or camp fires - it is really all about...
THE SHOPPING!!
Marshalls, TJ Max, Super Wal-Mart, Target, Meijers, Khol`s, Tangiers Outlet Mall - we hit èm all!
Nothing better than bargain hunting for Christmas, birthdays, back-to-school and...
CRAZY T-SHIRTS.
Uncle Darc, Mom, Dad, Grandma & Aunt Leah all participated in the crazy t-shirt shopping hunt. Mom didn`t take pics of all of them, but here are a few samples...
Mom thought she was a Wolverine fan before this trip, but soon learned that she was wrong... seeing as Dad bought out every store of Michigan State Spartan gear
All in all an AMAZING vacation! Can`t wait to return next year!
1 comment:
It was a wonderful trip! We all had sooooo much fun. I had more fun than any of you cuz I got to spend some great quality time with Parker, Brooke and you together with you Moms and Dads and frinds and Papa. it was great! We need to thank your Mom and Aunt Jody for taking the time to to pack everybody up and get us all in the same place for an awesome vacation. I hope we can do it again next year!
thanks for a great vacation!
Hugs and kisses
Grandma
Post a Comment