Ahhh, the always dreaded Christmas blog entry.
That time of year when you are too busy to blog leading up to Christmas and then when it is all over you are totally buried in a blissful mass of pictures and memories!
Which unfortunately also comes with the anxiety of "how on earth will I ever be able to capture this all on the blog??" Which is then followed by "if I just skipped it, would anyone notice?"
And the answer - of course they would! So, here goes...
Christmas captured in ONE blog entry - called My 2011 Christmas Favs!!
****
FAV #1 - CHRISTMAS DECORATING
One of the best things about Christmas is decorating!! Especially when you have just finished a year's worth of renovations and can reclaim the house for the holidays
(PS Mom is crazy)
***
FAV #2: PRE-CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES
FAV #2: PRE-CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES
Almost as good as Christmas are all of the parties and activities that happen leading up to Christmas
This is where mom, Sarah and Leah order Swiss Chalet Festive Specials, watch a Christmas movie (this year's selection was Love Actually - Hugh Grant, quite cute), drink lots of wine and decorate a gingerbread house. Which, a couple of weeks later, is laid on the dining room table like a lamb to the slaughter during Boys Poker Night
Wizard of Oz isn't overly Christmasy - okay you got me - it is not Christmas related at all - but still a VERY fun pre-xmas activity!
And our gingerbread creations were ALMOST as cute as Sky and I :)
No Christmas is complete without a visit to Uncle Dave's who is notorious for having the most amazing Christmas house a 5-year-old boy has ever seen!!
And with such mild weather over the holidays enter a plethora of mud and puddles to explore (and I love me some mud puddles - much to my mom's dismay)
Grandma and I do it with such style too :)
Santa, enjoy. And if you feel like more sneak some out of the tupperware container on the kitchen counter. Daddy does it all the time...
Santa, enjoy. And if you feel like more sneak some out of the tupperware container on the kitchen counter. Daddy does it all the time...
***
FAV #3: CHRISTMAS GAMES
I am a bit of a competitive boy... so I really like games. Even better when played at Christmas!
Also called - let's score on Dad! "Oopps - sorry dad, I swear I didn't mean to aim right at your face!"

FAV #5: FOOD GLORIOUS CHRISTMAS FOOD
Welcome to Christmas in Windsor. If it is warm outside we grab the appies and head out to the driveway. No worries, the paper Christmas cracker crowns keep us warm
And mom's favourite of all Christmas food - the mimosa. Okay, maybe that is not exactly food, but it is to mom. So, it counts as food for the purposes of this blog - the most delicious of all (or so I am told)
I'm 5. So, let's face it, as much as my parents lecture me about it is better to give than to receive, I STILL really, really like receiving. A lot. And surveying the loot on Christmas morning is certainly a fav


Almost as good as your very first remote control helicopter
Presents almost as big as you - AWESOME.
Every year Dad asks for his own embroidery. And every year he is denied. But NOT this year. The new bar provided gifts-a-plenty including sports inspired tea towels and fancy smancy scotch.
***
FAV #4: QUALITY TIME WITH MY COUSINS
Enough said.
***
FAV #6: PRESENTS!
Underwear from Santa. Even I know that is a classic.
There is always a few presents every Christmas that warrant the 'okay, hold it up. Smile'! Personalized license plates definitely qualifies
***
FAV #7: PUTTING ON A TIE FOR CHURCH ON CHRISTMAS EVE


That's right ladies, I can totally rock the tie
***
FAV #8: STOCKINGS IN FRONT OF THE FIREPLACE
A novelty in our house, so very exciting and worthy of a fav category unto itself
***
FAV #9: FAMILY SHOTS IN FRONT OF THE CHRISTMAS TREE
It is as though you put up Christmas trees just so you can take pics in front of them... or is that just Dad???
And last but not least, my favourite thing about Christmas is sharing it with the ones I love. Hope everyone had a holiday filled with all of their favourite things too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment