Friday, February 24, 2012

Florida Part II - Sarasota

Our visit to Florida was more than just a visit to Disney World, we also went to Sarasota!

(btw I blame my mom for tardy blogging on this... but at least she's SO much better than Sarah)
Why Sarasota? Because that is where Nana and Papa B were too!
And what do you do whilst visiting here.... You head to the beach of course!

And you can't enjoy the beach without a dip or two in the ocean

Although, I should note that the ocean was a chilly 62 degrees - which didn't bother me in the least, but there wasn't a plethora of willing volunteers to join me. Nana was a brave soul in this pic (thanks Nana!)
This was as far as mom would go into the ocean

Time for some serious castle building Papa

Bring in the reinforcementsThe finished product

Equally as fun as sandcastles are beach sports!

Going for 3 points Papa!Touchdown


Mom and Dad enjoyed the beach football too!








Being a beach football star made me very hungry. Time to grab a bite at the Tiki Bar at the Ritz

And let's head home for a relaxing soak in the hot tub

Yeah, I could get really use to vacationing like this

Pools, beaches - doesn't matter. As long as I'm in the water I am a happy boy!

As evident in this shot captured by our new underwater camera (thanks Papa John and Grandma for the perfect Christmas gift!)

While we were in Sarasota we only had one day with marginal weather. So we thought we would go to this place called The Children's Garden. Also known as 'Shadyville' which was Dad's name for it.

While a little off the beaten path, and somewhat suspect in nature, I very thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

See - look at how much fun this is Dad and Papa... right? right?


An amazing trip to Florida!! Thanks Nana and Papa for letting us stay with you!!




Can't wait to visit again :)

No comments: