Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Whooo-Ah Master Chief!!

This past Saturday I went to 107th Annual Cadet Inspection at St. Andrew’s College.
What exactly is a Cadet inspection you ask? Well, depends who you ask…

For instance, if you ask me I would tell you that it is an entire afternoon of pipes and drums and bands and marching and horns and uniforms and boys yelling out things like “At Atteeennnnntion” and “YES SERGEANT MAJOR!” All of which = awesome for a 5 year-old boy!

However, if you ask Dad, he would tell you that the Cadet Inspection is one of the oldest and more colourful traditions at St. Andrew’s College. Established in 1905, the #142 St. Andrew's College Highland Cadet Corps is now a credit earning, multi-year leadership program. St. Andrew's is in fact home to Canada's second largest Royal Canadian Army Cadets Corps.

Dad would also say that the school's Cadet Corps is also affiliated with the 48th Highlanders of Canada, retaining the same motto ("Dileas Gu Brath" - "Faithful Forever") as well as the same uniform which is a scarlet tunic and Modern Gordon tartan

And this year’s inspection was extra special for Dad as it also marked the official opening of the Yuill Family Athletic Complex – or the “Field of Dreams” campaign that Dad helped to build (although he would be mad that I said that on the blog… but he did)

I love drums, l love marching and I look quite fetching in red… yep, I think I am going to fit in at SAC quite well… and besides, ‘ol Andy and I are best buds already J

No comments: