Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mother's Day Present - Our Trip to Niagara Falls!

As part of mom's mother's day gift, dad and I bought her an exciting adventure in Niagara Falls with her two favourite boys!

Lots of quality Beej and mom time!

Along with my usual silly antics

Every good trip to Niagara begins with a lunch at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville.  Three cheeseburgers in paradise please! 
And as Jimmy would say "Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late.”
Or, more applicable to mom "It's 5 o'clock somewhere..."
Or a pure jimmy classic:
"Weather is here, wish you were beautiful"



They also have this awesome pirate lady with really long legs that makes balloon animals!  (FYI - Jimmy, you rock!) 

I asked the long-legged pirate to make me a orange cat.  Of course, mom would point out that the irony in this pic is that I actually have my own orange cat at home named Harry.  Apparently I am much more excited about the balloon version of him...

Next stop - Maid of the Mist!

Since mom was forced to babysit Harry II all day, she thought it would be funny to dangle him over the back of the boat claiming that he would lke to go for a quick swim.  I did not find this at all funny. 

a bit wet, but oh so fun!

Next stop - journey behind the falls!


The 4 different types of rain slickers we wore that day also doubled for ice cream clothes protectors!!

Harry II, Mom and I enjoying the rainbows...

Back to our hotel and a ride in the tram.

A whole day of Niagara and Harry II is still kickin... although a little worse for wear.

View from our hotel room

And the customary family shots

And the not so customary shots...


A steak dinner with a view.

And some shopping.  Mom's new cowboy hat

Thought I would try one on too, but don't think it was quite my style...

The day before, I toured the falls and rides and had wonderful adventures for the whole day.  Unfortunately the only thing that I REALLY wanted to do I never had the chance.  So, immediately after breakfast I dragged my mom and dad to MY favourite thing to do in Niagara...

Ride the people mover bus!!!!

And because I had this look of pure joy on my face when I stepped through the bus doors they let me talk on the microphone to all of the passengers!  I thought of the most profound thing I could say at the time, which was "Hi!" :)


Can't wait to go back in a few weeks - bring on Marineland!!!!

No comments: