Sunday, July 01, 2012

Happy Canada Day!!


Happy 145th Birthday Canada!

It is tradition to celebrate this momentous event at the prestigious Stouffville Strawberry Festival - Home of the Silver Streak! 

The silver streak was so fast, it was a wonder that Dad was able to photograph us


Mom is glad that she has someone to go on rides with now!


And Dad may not partake in the rides, but he'll happily join me in a game or two

As well as a pit stop for cotton candy!

Yes, my mom picked out my outfit this morning

Mom had to bribe me with extra treats to get me to go on this one

I felt like Superman when I got up though and quite enjoyed myself.
Mom, do you think this thing can go fast enough for us to reverse time? Or perhaps that is asking a bit too much for the $2.50 we spent for this?

Or I'll settle for soaring over the carnies' RVs! They all seem less scary at this height. 

A big thumbs up for the Strawberry Festival - it never disappoints!

Our next stop was Nana and Papa's house (which is conveniently located near Stouffville).
Dad had a little cute and chubby shadow for the rest of his day!

All of the Etheringtons were there to celebrate Canada's big day and a happy Papa's day too

Just in case I didn't have enough games, I found some more in Nana's pool


But, it wasn't just me. Everyone was in the game spirit! The ladies even had a very competitive bean bag toss tournament!

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did today!!

Happy Canada Day!!!

No comments: