Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Date with the Tooth Fairy

“Other than a dimple in a cute little chin,
What's more adorable than a toothless grin?
~Azu "Betty" Espezia
Yesterday my mom and dad made me go to the doctor after school for my annual check-up.

Already unimpressed at this concept, it only got worse when, upon arrival, I was informed that I needed to receive vaccination shots – one in each leg.

Similar to when I was 2-years old, I displayed my displeasure by screaming and crying really loudly – so that it frightened everyone within a 500 foot radius, including the doctor.

The only thing that calmed me down was knowing there was a big ice cream cone in my very near future.

As soon as the appt was over, Mom and Ate Dominga quickly whisked me out of the dr office (mostly to spare the other patients the horror) and straight to the convenience store across the street - where I picked out the most indulgent ice cream cone they sold.

And with my very first bite – my tooth came out!

Instantly my shot / doctor troubles were completely forgotten! Believe me, you never saw a boy go from super sad to ecstatically happy so quickly. 

So mom found a nice organza bag to put my tooth in (after having to educate Dad on what an organza bag is).  And my date with the tooth fairy was set.
Mom snapped this picture of me this morning just as I woke up.  Of course, I immediately grabbed the bag to see what was inside. 
 Money! Sweet, score.  Of course, I counted it very carefully…. 1,2,3,4,5 dollars!
And this is how the conversation between mom, dad and I went immediately after the count:

Mom: “So Beej, what are going to spend your tooth money on?”

(Brian looks at his mom confused)

Mom: “you know, what are going to buy with it?”

Brian: again, slightly confused says “I am going to put it in my piggy bank”.  Giving his mom the look of ‘what else would I do with it?’

Mom: “What?”

Dad (to mom): “Let the boy do what he wants with his money”

Dad and Brian deposit all $5 into the piggy bank.

Mom: “Boring!”

Guess we established that I have my Dad’s financial tendencies! :)
***

You don't have to brush your teeth - just the ones you want to keep!!
~Anonymous

1 comment:

gailmillson said...

I'm glad i wasn't there when you went to the doctor cuz I would have been screaming and crying with you....but, congrats on the icecream and the tooth!!!..and you didn't even have to tie your tooth to the back of the caboose!..like bruce. Congrats on the big score with the Tooth Fairy!
You look so cute!