Sunday, January 20, 2013

Our Travel to Sarasota


Well, we showed up at the airport on time. Making this trip already better than our last Florida travel experience (and note, we weren't late that time, we were 12 hours early)

We couldn't get seats together, so dad happily sat on the opposite side of the plane – and no doubt he thoroughly enjoyed reading a nice book by himself in peace

For the record though, mom and I had a good time during our travels, minus having to sit next to Mrs. Mc-Coughs-A-Lot. Mom used a lot of hand sanitizer that day

My in-flight movie of choice was Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, which I selected myself off of Air Canada’s movie listings. When mom saw what I was watching, she was most delighted as Pee Wee is one of mom’s favs!

She watched me intently to see which part I would like the best. And the first scene between Francis and Pee-Wee procured the most laughs, especially this part:

Francis: Today is my birthday and my father said I could have anything I want.
Pee Wee: Good for you and your father.
Francis: So guess what I want?
Pee-Wee: A new brain?
Francis: No. Your bike! (then Pee-Wee falls to the ground laughing hysterically)

This scene also contained a lot of ‘I know you ARE but what am I’s” which I also loved.

(click on pic to watch the whole scene)

The part I did NOT like however (and which made me quite distraught) was when Pee-Wee did not eat all of his breakfast. I asked my mom repeatedly why Pee-Wee wouldn't eat his Mr. T cereal (“I pity the fool who don’t eat my cereal”)

In addition to Pee-Wee, I passed the time by borrowing mom’s ipod, where I listened to the SAME song 20 times in row. Which song you ask? Why ‘The Star Wars Theme Song’ performed by the BBC Concert Orchestra of course. But I couldn't just listen, I had to hum it as well….loudly enough that Dad heard me several seats away, putting a big smile on his face.

I also read a chapter or two in my Diary of a Wimpy Kid book that Santa gave me and then, POOF, we were in Florida! Nana and Papa here I come….

PS I don’t make monkeys, I just train them! Go on Pee-wee…

No comments: