It's been a long time coming, but mom finally got her own sewing room!
And she absolutely loves it.
It is mom's equivalent of Dad's man cave... which is really the best way to describe it.
And, of course, some of the room decorations needed to be embroidered
Being in this little room just makes mom so happy... which is why this room isn't just for sewing.
Mom turns on the fireplace and reads, practices her presentations, blogs, makes designs... the list goes on.
And yes, I am allowed in the sewing room too :)
And finally - all of her material, towels, flannel blankets, zippers, thread... all have a home!
The purple swarovski butterfly on the desk is from mom's mentor at work. She is the super cool MasterCard CFO and gave mom this special gift this past Christmas
And one of the main reasons mom loves it so much is the history behind it.
A lineage of sewing rooms... it is in the genes!!
***
For those of you who have never seen this pic, it is of mom's mom Gail as a little girl and mom's grandmother Bernice - and Gail's doll Tutti!! More on Tutti to come soon...
1 comment:
I love your sewing room!!! I could use some help to get mine to look like that! The framed embroidery look very classy and crafty as well!! The picture of Mom and I in Nana and Papa's basement seems a bit out of place with all the pretty things, but it's very sweet that your Mom put it in a frame and it will have a place in sewing history (even if she will make fun of Tutti at some point). I love the tree decal that your Mom bought on our after Christmas shopping spree. Very beautiful!!!!
Post a Comment