Sunday, July 21, 2013

Soccer Season

 

Late spring / early summer always means it is soccer season!!
 


This is my team.
 
'Team Crazy Orange' was by far the worst team in the league, and it is questionable whether we even won a single game all season.
 
I played extremely well though and was a defensive force in true Etherington style... however it is hard to win when you only have 3 kids who are actually playing in the game.
 
Others were content to stand in one spot and watch as the crowds of kids passed them back and forth. Or, if they were really into it, to spin in circles in the middle of the field until they made themselves dizzy and would fall down.
 
Not surprisingly, due to my extremely competitive nature, I was not impressed by these kids. 
 
I might have told a couple of them about my 'disappointment in not supporting the team' and perhaps even fought one of them (no worries, the select coach had to break it up.... yikes).  Mom told me that I get that from my dad :)      
 


No comments: