When you live in such a great city, why not vacation there too?
Our Toronto vacation included a nice hotel suite downtown with a spectacular view of the CN Tower
Some Yahtzee on the top floor of the hotel
Can you guess who won?
Funny faces in the reflection of the high rise glass (if you look closely you can see our view of Nathan Phillips Square in the reflection below)
Mom may have packed a little something special in her suitcase for when I went to bed...
We took a trip to the ROM.
And I have to admit that dinosaurs are pretty cool, but I spent 80% of my museum time in ancient Egypt...
My love of ancient Egypt actually had nothing to do with mummies (although I did indeed like the mummies) but what I REALLY loved were... hieroglyphs!
This is a pic of me studying hieroglyphs video
Then I would memorize the symbols, write them down on a piece of paper (this process was repeated several times to ensure my own Rosetta Stone was as complete as possible) and then I would head to....
The Tomb of Kitines!
Here I would use my new found knowledge to decipher Kitines' tomb walls.
I must have spent over an hour in this room (which Dad then used to explore ancient Rome undisturbed)
I felt like I needed to share my knowledge, and would provide tours to unsuspecting children that had the audacity to enter my dig site.
After mom pried me away from the tomb (with the promise of my own personal hieroglyphs set from the ROM gift shop) we got all dressed up and went to Ruth Chris' for an amazing steak dinner.
The PERFECT Toronto family vacation!









No comments:
Post a Comment