Saturday, February 17, 2007

Daddy's Birthday!

Happy Birthday Daddy!!
While this picture doesn't quite capture my boundless enthusiasm, I did indeed have a very good time at Daddy's birthday party!

As mentioned below 'in Adventures in Babysitting' Daddy went out with Uncle Paul and their buddies to a new club downtown. So, needless to say, Daddy was feeling a bit rough at his birthday party the next day.

Mom turned Dad's 'manly' basement into a play yard for cousins Skylar and Kaya. But Dad still got to sit at the head of the room in his blue recliner and open his presents and eat his birthday cake (and Kaya was more than happy to help him in both endeavors).

The whole Etherington family was there - with new cousin Sarah as our most special (and most quiet) guest.

Police Officer Kaya was cruisin' around the basement in the scooter. While she sped by me, I couldn't help but worry whether it was illegal to be a super chubby. No tickets though, so I guess I am in the clear.

No toy can match the entertainment value of a birthday balloon

Aunt Nycki was hoping that cousin Skylar's hair would grow faster this way.

As part of the birthday festivities, we all went outside to play in the snow. I have to admit that I personally was not overly enthusiastic about it, but I was a trooper nonetheless.

My cousins were all bundled up in their super cute winter gear!


Even Leah and Darc came to play in the snow. They brought their winter gear too - matching fur hats!
Who needs sandcastles when you can make 'snow'castles! Actually, all of the adults would have much preferred sandcastles.
While the adults froze, the girls had a great time playing in the snow.

This restaurant serves delicious snow. And there is room for two at the table! Any takers?

Are you sure - the service is fantastic?! I swear!!

Good try Papa, but Skylar doesn't want to shovel the driveway :)

No comments: