Saturday, September 15, 2007

My First Cottage Vacation!

Where are we going Papa? To a cottage in Muskoka? Sweeeet.

Can I bring 13 other people with me?

Good thing that the cottage is an old camp that sleeps 21 and has its own private beach, soccer field and volleyball court!

Thanks Nana for the invitation - This will be so much fun!

While this is a very cute picture of Skylar and I reading a book together, I really posted this one because of Leah's face in the background

Now THIS is a cute picture of me and Skylar.
Even though I am a boy, Uncle Paul lets me hold Skylar's hand because I am her cousin

We played lots of games at the cottage. Here is a picture of my mom beating me, Irene and Leah at Racko (actually... that is her version, she really lost.. badly)

Alright - Skylar and I are all sunscreen'ed up, in our wagon packed with toys and ready to go to the beach! Who's pullin'??

My first time in a lake!

Swimming makes me thirsty Papa

All meals at the cottage were planned and executed by different people - and most involved themes and games (after all, when have you known my mom NOT to organize games of some sort!)
This picture is from our Arabian nights meal - shish kabobs, couscous salad, hummus & pita and a 'forbidden cocktail' called The Magic Carpet. Followed by Arabian nights family feud - Mohammeds vs Abuls
***
Of course, when it was time for Uncle Paul to organize a post-dinner game, it involved sports and trivia. And required everyone to wear humiliating head gear
You'll notice that on Skylar's blog there is a picture of my mom wearing her 'dinner game' helmet. So, my mom thought it appropriate to include a picture of Aunt Nycki wearing hers (since Skylar seemed to have forgotten to post it on her blog)

Daddy's helmet didn't quite fit his head - and Papa had to wear his backwards

Nana's helmet made her think very deeply. But Darcy's was the one to wear because he managed to answer almost every trivia question in record time!

Ha ha - you guys look like a bunch of idiots!

Trying to organize a group shot is next to impossible

So, it is easier to get half the people to pose

This is a pic of my mom playing another one of Uncle Paul's 'unique' games. In this one you have to swing from a rope and then kick a tree branch from the adjacent tree. Mom still isn't sure why she tried it, but was successful nonetheless

Hey Skylar and Kaya - is there room for one more at the picnic table?

Sweet - I get the middle seat

Hey, are you guys eating something??

Kaya, could I trouble you for a goldfish cracker, please?

Or perhaps my other shoe?

Thanks Nana & Papa for a great cottage vacation!
I had so much fun!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the French have a saying..."touche"!!!!

Kenny & Erica said...

The camp looks like it was a ton o fun! The water in that lake on the other hand... too cold for Auntie E! You're mom is a brave girl to get in there. Maybe the scotch and red wine were keeping her warm.
miss you bud
Auntie e

Unknown said...

Katie

He is SO SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!
when will i get to see him again?