Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lake Chemung

Gotta love summer vacations!
Especially when it involves spending time with Grandma & Papa John at their cottage at Lake Chemung in Michigan

Did I happen to mention that my mom and I are professional sandcastle builders?
Probably not, as this was some other little boy's castle and after we patiently waited for he and his dad to leave, we moved in and claimed squatter's rights

However, the monstrous castle inspired Grandma and I to make our own creation

Evidence of us working really hard


And it is a... a... moat?
Yes, brilliance Grandma, sheer brilliance

While at the cottage Papa John took me out for a nice breakfast - they got some good toast states side

And no trip to the cottage is complete without a stop (or two) at "Super" Wal-Mart

This is me wiping / disinfecting the cart before entering the store (a proud moment for my mom)

I even got to go on my very first boat ride

Papa John's boat has two big reclining chairs and I just sat and chilled while Papa drove me around

I got my sea legs Papa!

Thanks Papa & Grandma for an amazing trip to the lake!
Stay tuned for more adventures from my trip to see my peeps in Windsor...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love Lake Chemung! Sorry we weren't there to see you on the boat and help with the castles. Water looks cold though... Did Grandma stay up all night playing dominoes and drinking green apple pucker? That's a must for a trip to the lake too!
huge hugs, Auntie E and Uncle Kenny