A couple of weeks ago my school contacted mom and dad to tell them that I would be receiving a special award at the next school assembly - and they were invited to come and share in my special moment and take pictures!
***
And the grade 4 class did an entire skit about teamwork... in French!
Mom tried her best to follow along... something about la cheval, la roi, and la chouette working together to save la lune from le lac... mon dieu, it was hard to keep up!
"We're not too big
And we're not too tough
But when we work together
We've got the right stuff!!!"
And finally the BIG moment arrived!
Here is me accepting my special teamwork award from the principal of my school
(I've got the whole coordinated handshake / certificate acceptance thing down pat!)
And considering it is SUPERBOWL weekend, I thought I would include a cool quote about teamwork (by Michael Jordan):
There are plenty of teams in every sport that have great players and never win titles.
Most of the time, those players aren't willing to sacrifice for the greater good of the team.
The funny thing is, in the end, their unwillingness to sacrifice only makes individual goals more difficult to achieve.
One thing I believe to the fullest is that if you think and achieve as a team, the individual accolades will take care of themselves.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships!
***
And btw who said "only" children aren't good at teamwork!!! :)
2 comments:
Congrats BJ!!! You are Da Man! Huge hugs - Auntie E
Congratulations Beej!!! Good job. I'm sure the first of many special certificates. You are a very special little man that will go far in the world...the proverbial apple doesn't fall far from the trees (both trees).
I'm very proud of you!
Good quote Mom!
Love,
Grandma
xxxxxooooo
Post a Comment