Sunday, March 06, 2011

Construction has begun... and it is about friggin' time!

Well, construction has started!

Project 1 for the new addition - "the stairs".
Before.

and after.
stairs that once went up, now go down - and vice versa.


I call this shot 'floating back door'


This is a shot of Dave the construction guy.
He calls me "little man chatty box". Which is pretty accurate seeing as I don't stop talking whenever he is around (I get my chatty-ness from my grandma)

current view from the back of kitchen
current view from 2nd floor

stairs to basement
This one I call 'two random holes in the ground in the basement'

Not far from two random holes is what we call 'Dad's Dexter Kill Room' (all in all the basement is now a lovely place to visit...)

Project #2 for the addition: Dig a Hole in the Backyard.


Days of jackhammering eliminated all the cement. Merlinchita very much enjoyed those days :)

Okay - all ready for the digger!




Upon returning from vacation today, dad and mom took this pic. Then dad turned to mom and said "Well honey. a full day of rain and snow now means we officially have our own moat. Didn't you always say you wanted to live in a castle?"

So, ladies - the lesson here is be careful what you wish for

And our backyard view as of this morning. yep. awesome.

(but exciting too!)

No comments: