Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Weekend Visit from Grandma & Papa

My mom took over my blog for a week, but I am officially taking it back.

So anyway, back to me...

Grandma & Papa were in Toronto Friday and Saturday.


Grandma came to watch my swimming lessons on Saturday afternoon


(I, of course, acquired some new mad swimming skills from all of my aquatic activity while in Florida and I was showing it off to Grandma and Coach Cathy -my new swim instructor)


This is a pic of Papa with one of my favourite books that Grandma introduced me to - Bruce's Loose Tooth (the copy in the pic above is actually Mom's and Aunt Erica's original book).


Papa decided to be funny and put playdoh on his tooth while we were reading it.

I don't think it tasted so good, but Papa's had much worse...

While I like to think I am the big draw and the real reason Grandma would come to Toronto to visit, that is never the case when the CreativFestival is in town.

Here is a shot of mom and grandma in front of one of their favourite things - rows and rows of flannelette material!! The beginnings of many an embroidered baby blanket...

Guess we know now when Grandma will definitely be back in town... hopefully though she'll visit before Oct 21 - 23, 2011. Always good times to hang out with the "crafty" ladies in the quilted vests and knitted purses...


(and mom bought me a cool abominable snowman hat at the CreativFest, which she decided to wear because winter apparently has decided to stay a little while longer)



Grandma & Papa also came to celebrate Mom's birthday - and they bought her a Tassimo machine. She was VERY excited, especially after a few espresso shots!



I tried to introduce Grandma to Wii racing - Super Mario style. She wasn't at all good at it, but I have been coached by my parents to encourage others... so many a "Good Try Grandma" and "Keep Trying Grandma" were echoed in my living room on Friday night!


Thanks Grandma & Papa for visiting!


Before you come next time perhaps you should brush up on your Wii-ing :)

3 comments:

grandma gail said...

Thanks for letting us come and stay with you even if it was only for a short visit. We had a great time having dinner and playing wii...even if I did lose every game. It was my first time playing anything wii. I'm going to check out the sales for wii games so I can practice before our next visit.
Your swimming skills have gotten sooooo much better since Florida...you were very impressive. It won't be long before your floating on your back and moving to the next badge. I need to take some video of your leg kicking....it's sort of like the "Elaine dance"...it has some sideways action. Very difficult to do. Way to go! The creative festival was just a good excuse to get to Toronto and see your reno and celebrate your Mom's birthday a bit early...and of couse anytime I get to spend time with you is wonderful!!! Can't wait till the next time!!!! I miss you already!

grandma gail said...

By the way you needed your new hat today....we had lots of snow today did you? Hate it...but your Dad wanted the snow instead of the rain so no more basement flooding. Fun times.

grandma gail said...

And Papa is very silly with the play dough on the tooth! Always the silly guy....it did go along with the story though.