Thursday, November 03, 2011

An 'Early' Halloween Celebration



Every year on Halloween night mom hosts a party.

Unfortunately this year mom was away in Singapore for Halloween, which meant we all got dressed up and had a 'pretend' halloween for mom, so she wouldn't feel like she totally missed out on one of her favourite nights of the year.


Mom and Dad have been watching a lot of Boardwalk Empire lately which may have inspired their 20's attire - flapper and old school bootlegging gangster.

I was steadfast on being a ghostbuster again - as I still believe I have the responsibility of keeping my neighbourhood safe from all the ghosts on Halloween!


Aunt Leah and Uncle Darc always have creative costumes - and this year was no exception. This year's ensemble was inspired by the protesters from Wall Street to Bay Street


And Lola made a very cute spiderman!


Our Halloween party turned out to be perfect (minus the fact that it wasn't actually Halloween - details, details.). We even played Halloween charades - where Lola and I were the stars acting everything out from spiders to cackling witches

Mom attempts to cook one meal a year - and that is Halloween. Let's all be honest here, mom can't cook. So some Halloween feasts have been better than others. But she always gets an "A" for effort. And just when she thought she was on a roll, she looked at Jo's blog... oh well, one always needs a benchmark!! Already looking forward to next year's party!

No comments: