When Uncle Johnny asked me to stand up in his wedding, I was extremely honoured and VERY excited.
Mind you, having no experience with weddings (well, I did look very cute in my kilt at Beth`s wedding, but was only one so I don`t quite recall). I wasn't sure what it all meant, but I did know that it was special to my Uncle Johnny and that meant it was special to me too.
That, and I always love a good party :)
The first official wedding event was the rehearsal dinner.
Uncle Johnny and Aunt Shelley chose a beautiful golf course to get married at.
The only downside to choosing a golf course, was that we had to pause the rehearsal to let some of the golfers tee off.
Mom had the responsibility of walking grandma down the aisle and escorting her to her seat.
She thought this was a great opportunity to try out her Kate Middleton wave
(note: mom did not incorporate this as part of the wedding day festivities, although she was tempted)
As you can see by my expression, I was a little confused about what my responsibilities were.
In stark contrast, Brooke had it ALL under control!
After a flawless rehearsal we all went back to Aunt Jody and Uncle Brad's house to celebrate.
As illustrated by the party pictures that follow, Uncle Brad made sure that his guests were not short on drinks or fun!
Uncle Johnny said some very kind words to all of us and we were all given very special presents.
Aunt Jody truly is the hostess with the mostess! Thanks Aunt Jody - you rock!
And what party at Aunt Jody's would be complete without a dip in the pool?!!
(btw, this pic of Papa and Uncle Johnny is one of mom's favourite from the wedding festivities)
Boys will be boys!
This is Parker and I rushing after a ball in a very competitive game of 'score a basket on Uncle Johnny'!
My cousin is quite kind and let me win 99% of the time. And the 1% of the time I didn't get to the ball first was only to convince me that he wasn't trying to let me win.
Like your mom Parker, you rock.
Another of mom's favourites shots
Aunt Jody really went all out for the rehearsal dinner and even arranged to have the Olympic flame as part of the party!
That, or Dad and Aunt Jody had had a few drinks and thought they were being rather funny...
No comments:
Post a Comment