This week’s Golden Oldie post is dedicated to my Grandma Gail.
***
When mom was in Windsor two weeks ago to visit with Aunt Beth Anne, she and Grandma decided to search Grandma’s house for some old pictures mom could use on the blog.
They found some real classics, including this gem below:
This is Grandma with her mom, my great-grandma Simpson.
How old is grandma in this pic? Who knows, really. She could be 5, 7, 12 or 16... your guess is as good as mine. Mom’s theory is that she looked exactly the same throughout the whole of her school days (which happens when you are the size of a pixie)
What we DO know however is that the toy grandma is proudly displaying for the camera is “Tutti” – the long-forgotten little sister of Barbie and Skipper. In fact, 80% of the pics mom found of grandma feature this same creepy doll. I say creepy, because here are some close up shots of Tutti that mom found on the ‘interwebs’
See what I am talking about? The shadowy one really says it all.
For the record, Tutti came into existence in 1965. She had a twin brother named Todd – and both were famous for their seamless 'bendy' bodies. Again, CREEPY!
Todd and Tutti were (rightly) discontinued in 1971, BUT not before some inbreeding occurred to produce...
Chuckie!
(Queue the ‘Psycho shower scene’ music now!!)
(Queue the ‘Psycho shower scene’ music now!!)
The evidence is undeniable... sorry Grandma. I’ll be vigilant for a lurking Tutti under my bed next time I am visiting you in Windsor.



1 comment:
I loved my Tutti doll. I think I was the only one that had one. I wish I still had her!!! I could scare the daylights out of your Mom. My haircut was wonderful too. I think I see some of you in my huge proud smile with my little Tutti. If I had known your Mom was going to make fun of her with that picture I would have never allowed her to take it from my photo collection! Maybe I should talk about her Cabbage Patch miniatures collection!
Kids and their toys.
Why didn't your Mom show the picture of me with the same hair- do and my first sewing machine...making clothes for Tutti!
Post a Comment