Monday, October 01, 2012

My Harry Potter Movie Premiere!


I finished reading my first Harry Potter book!

So, on Saturday night I donned my Hogwarts robes, jumped on my Nimbus 2000, cuddled up in the Gryffindor Common Room with my chocolate frogs and every flavor beans to watch the very first Harry Potter movie ever made!

Okay, okay, you got me.... instead of robes I actually wore a themed embroidered shirt that mom made both dad and I put on (as per the pic below), I walked down the stairs to the basement without the aid of a flying broom, and I was munching on a big bowl of Doritos instead of chocolate frogs, but let’s all use our imaginations here people…



Did I like the movie you ask?
Well, considering that I cheered very loudly with every point Gryffindor scored on the Quidditch pitch, I gave my best scowl to Draco Malfoy, laughed hysterically at Fred and George Weasley, screamed to all the characters on the screen that “it’s not Snape, it’s Quirrell!” and joyfully jumped out of my seat and ran around the room when Neville was awarded the 10 points which ultimately placed the House Cup in Gryffindor’s possession… you might say I liked the movie. A lot.

Of course, mom and dad couldn’t be happier about this, as they now get a chance to relive the stories and adventures that they love as well… even more so that they can see it all through my eyes.

That, and mom is REALLY sick of hearing about Luke Skywalker all of the time, so stories about Harry, Hagrid and Dumbledore are most welcomed!

***************
Below are some of our favourite scenes and lines from the movie. Hope you all enjoy reliving them along with us too!

QUOTE #1 & #2 (and the reasons why we all love Fred and George)

Molly Weasley: (looks at Fred, hoping to get him onto platform 9 ¾) Fred, you next.
George Weasley: He's not Fred, I am!
Fred Weasley: Honestly, woman. You call yourself our mother.
Molly Weasley: (to Fred) Oh, I'm sorry, George.
Fred Weasley: (approaches the barrier) I'm only joking, I am Fred!
*****

Fred Weasley: (Upon hearing that Harry will be joining the Quidditch team) Well done, Harry. Wood's just told us.
Ron: Fred and George are on the team, too. Beaters.
George Weasley: Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad. Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch.
Fred Weasley: Brutal, but no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally, but they'll turn up in a month or two!

QUOTE #2 (Mom’s Favourite of course)

Hermione: (to Ron and Harry) Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed - or worse, expelled.


QUOTE #3

(Dumbledore talking to Harry in the infirmary about Every Flavor Beans)

Dumbledore: I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit-flavored one, and since then I'm afraid I've lost my liking for them. But, I think I could be safe with a nice toffee.
(eats it)
Dumbledore: Mm, alas, earwax.


QUOTE #4

Professor McGonagall: (to Harry and Ron after beating the Mountain Troll that mysteriously got into Hogwarts) Five points... will be awarded to each of you.
(Ron and Harry smile at each other)
Professor McGonagall: For sheer dumb luck.

To see this one on YouTube click here

QUOTE #5

(Hagrid tells Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Draco to split into pairs and search the Dark Forest)
Draco Malfoy: (to Hagrid) Okay. Then I get Fang!
Hagrid: Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward.

1 comment:

gailmillson said...

Love the quotes however, I don't understand any of it as I have never read any of the books....maybe I'll have to read them now. Did your Mom decide not to do a t-shirt for herself?