Sunday, September 16, 2012

My Entrance to the World of Harry Potter

While I anxiously anticipate every one of my birthdays, I couldn't wait for my 6th birthday to arrive because it was to mark the beginning of something very special - my official introduction to the world of Harry Potter.

I was given a "Harry Potter Hogwarts trunk" with the complete set of books from my Nana and Papa on Christmas Day when I was only 3 years old.  But my parents told me that I couldn't start reading the books  until I was 6 (and that included NOT being able to watch any of the movies either)

So, for three long years, I had to wait to open my trunk to be officially introduced to the famous young wizard.
On the night of my 6th birthday (and apparently after a recent birthday shower which fittingly gave me a crop of Harry-like hair) I cracked open the trunk for the first time.  

And you can see the resulting pure joy all over my face.

As of tonight I am already half-way through the first book and am loving every minute of it.  In fact, I have asked to go to bed early on a few occasions just to have more time to read about Harry and his adventures.

I have also openly declared to everyone my favourite characters who, in this order, are 1. Harry 2. Hagrid (who I fondly refer to as 'The Keeper of the Keys') and 3. Fred and George Weasley.  And none of us can be surprised by those picks! 

1 comment:

Aunt Erica said...

I love Harry too! Hermione kind of reminds me of your Mom when she was little. Especially in the first movie. Those are special books and you are going to love them all!

Your birthday looked like it was a ton of fun. And I hope you ate an extra big piece of cake for uncle Kenny and I!

Love you guys!
Auntie Erica