This is my 7th Christmas and FINALLY I get to meet the big man!
Why have I not met him before you ask?
Well, you need to ask my mother that question... it mostly revolves around talk of unsanitary conditions and people who are on something called 'parole'
Mom thought Santa may have cleaned himself up a bit for a granite club visit, so she conceded to the introduction and picture.
But let the record note that I was indeed sick the next day and had to stay home from school. And my mother clearly points to the jolly ‘ol fat man in the red suit as patient 0.
Well, we know mom is (extra) crazy this time of year and can’t help herself when it comes to decorating for Christmas.
So here are some fun shots of the copious amount of decorations around our house this year.
And for those who are entirely uninterested in embroidery, I've interpersed some hilarious quotes about Christmas throughout...
What I don’t like about office Christmas parties is looking for a job the next day
~ Phyllis Diller
The Supreme court of Canada ruled that they cannot have a nativity scene in Washington DC. This is not for religious reasons. They couldn’t find three wise men and a virgin.
~ Jay Leno
(by the way that is totally my gingerbread train that I put together for mom's dining room centerpiece)
That’s the true spirit of Christmas; people being helped by people other than me
~ Jerry Seinfeld
The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all of the bad girls live
~George Carlin
Christmas is just like a day at the office. You do all the work and the fat guy in the suit gets all the credit
~ Frank Hans
And mom’s favourite (although not quite funny like the others):
Maybe Christmas the Grinch thought, doesn’t come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more
~ Dr. Suess
1 comment:
Mark looks like a Giant in the Family Photo with Santa!!
Post a Comment