Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day

On Christmas Eve we went to church with Uncle Sean, Aunt Andrea, Kaya and Sarah. It was a kids’ service – which meant that it was almost entirely conducted by a group of very talented children.

Funnily, it reminded mom of her own Christmas concert at the Dutch Reform church when she was a little girl. She was dressed like an angel and sang ‘Hark the Harold Angels Sing’ for the congregation. Immediately following the performance, grandma kindly told mom “Katie, you have a lot of things going for you, but singing just isn’t one of them”


 Before I went to bed I put out cookies and milk for Santa and, of course, carrots for the reindeer (see mom – I DO like animals J).  Then Dad and I read the Night Before Christmas.
The next morning I was thrilled to see the loot that Santa had brought me, including (more) Star Wars lego, books and the time-traveling Delorean from Back to The Future (PS Marty McFly totally rocks!)

1 comment:

gail millson said...

Beautiful family, beautiful memories!!!