We had one day where it was a bit too chilly to make it to the beach… but no worries, we were scheduled to play golf that day! And, if you are an Etherington, as long as it isn’t snowing it is always a great day for golf!
We played at Nana and Papa’s course ‘The Oaks’ – you can see the logo on the new golf hat that Papa bought me.
I chauffeured Nana and Papa around the golf course and was ever watchful for alligators (and people’s toes). I was also in charge of raking sand and divot repair (and, since mom and dad were a bit rusty, I was a very busy boy!)
In addition to being a caddy to four people and head greenskeeper, I also managed to play as well…. in fact, my round was just like Carl Spackler described in Caddyshack…
“The crowd is standing on its feet here at Augusta. The normally reserved crowd is going wild... for this young Cinderella who's come out of nowhere… Tears in his eyes, as he lines up this last shot. He's got about 195 yards left, and he's got a, looks like he's got about an 8-iron. This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become the Masters champion…. It looks like a mirac- it's in the hole! It's in the hole!’
No comments:
Post a Comment