It wouldn't have been a trip to Florida without some shopping! We hit our favourite outlet mall (I heart Ellenton!), Khol's and, of course, Tar-get where Dad acquired this gem of a shirt.
I loved Dad's Millennium Falcon shirt so much I had to take pics of him in it (see my best shot above) and I also told him that I get dibs on it as soon as I am big enough to fit in it
I overheard Dad telling mom that he would only wear the shirt around her, as the young / beautiful ladies would no doubt throw themselves at him if he were to wear the shirt unsupervised - and then he'd have to use the force to repel them. Note - Dad also tries to use the jedi mind trick on mom all the time (unsuccessfully)
Mom decided to take the risk and let him wear the star wars shirt around Florida, where he was the envy of 11-year-old boys everywhere (as well as a really nerdy teenager who, upon seeing Dad's shirt when we were at the Magic Kingdom, gave him a high-five and said 'totally awesome shirt man'!)
***
While Dad was buying his star wars t-shirt in the check-out line at Target, mom couldn't help but do her impression of Kevin Spacey playing Christopher Walken auditioning for Hans Solo in the 'Lost Star Wars Auditions'! A true SNL classic (click on links below to watch)
"I'm the Captain of the Millennium Falcon... Chewie here tells me that you're looking for passage to the Alderaan system..."
No comments:
Post a Comment