We love to get away as a family.
So this winter we decided to embrace the concept of the family ski weekend (well mom needed to mentally embrace it, Dad and I could hardly wait).
So we had an expensive visit to Sporting Life, we took a Friday off of work, packed up our wool socks, and jumped in the car and headed north!
Not too far north of course... Horseshoe was far enough for mom.
Luckily the weather conditions were great and there was lots of snow for the slopes!
We stocked up on hot chocolate (and Fruit Loops as seen above) and rented a great little condo at Carriage Hills
I had only been skiing once before in my life - click here for a recap.
Although I was only 3 so I couldn't remember it at all...
But I took to the slopes like a pro!!
During our trip Dad signed me up for a couple of lessons and my coaches couldn't believe that I hadn't skied before.
I never wanted to leave the slopes once I was on... the only way mom could get me to take a break was to bribe me with unhealthy snacks that involved some sketchy cheese and red sticks!
I was a natural!
Dad was very impressed by this, mom less so.... mostly as it is now inevitable that there will be lots more trips that will involve snow in mom's future....
Thumbs up for our ski adventures!
As we all know, ski trips aren't just about the skiing... they also involve amazing steak dinners...and
....some serious relaxing in the jacuzzi tub!
Mom did love watching Dad and I ski together, while she tried her best to keep up to us
The video below is not for everyone (translated: Grandma you probably shouldn't watch this).
Even though I learned how to cut and turn, I decided that bombing down the hill is much more fun! This is officially my third time skiing - enjoy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment