Why you ask?
Well, a different Drew's House is where mom and dad were 11 years ago when they first got together.
Our old friend Drew was a bit of a reluctant matchmaker, but that is a story for another day...
The irony of staying at Drew House was not lost on dad. However, dad isn't a huge fan of B&Bs... but I thought it was AWESOME!
The house was built in the 1840's - and had lots of fun places to explore. I even managed to find Peter Rabbit!
Waterfalls? Hello.
As you can see, Elora is a place to enjoy the great outdoors.
We even went on a family trail hiking trip.
Mom was really nervous that I would wipe out and fall into the water... to that I say "whatever mom. I am Mr. Hiking"!
Thumbs up for a great - and utterly random - adventure!
The 'breakfast' part of the B&B concept the next morning (the part which Dad was dreading the most) ended up being FANTASTIC. I ate at least 3 pieces of toast, a croissant, a bowl of local fruit and scrambled eggs - along with a couple of glasses of freshly squeezed oj!
*****
Can't wait for my next totally random family adventure! Happy 11 years mom & dad!
1 comment:
11 years! how can that be? You guys looked like the "Drew House" was lots of fun. "The Drew House" reference was not lost on me. I've been known to tell that story on occasion. Congrats to all!
Post a Comment