Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Great Escape

So here are some pics of our house from last weekend

As you can see, there are a few things still missing.




Like walls.


Windows are overrated too.



So we figured we'd make a run for it.



So we traded in our raccoon-raided home for this... a sweet little hotel suite downtown.


This mini-trip was Dad's brainchild (lets just say that Mom has been less than impressed by her accommodations of late, so Dad figured something like this might be in order for mother's day weekend)


While mom was the true target audience for our little getaway, I was equally impressed by our new lodgings (good work Dad)

Especially when I ran from window to window exclaiming "I can see the whole world from here!"



Dad and I went for a little dip in the pool.

Got my flutter board. Check out the whip kick people


Handsome devils




Dad created a "packaged vacation" for mom, which also included dinner out with her two favourite boys


Mom likes Lonestar.

Why? well, no one really knows, but I suspect it might be all the time she spent in San Antonio or perhaps just pure love of bottomless nachos.

After our Texan-inspired dinner, I presented mom with all my thoughtful mother's day presents. I even gave her my kid's menu from Lonestar that I coloured for her, which I thought was a nice touch :)




The next morning we had a lovely breakfast overlooking the city (and your eyes do not deceive you, that is a delicious chocolate croissant that I am eating).


Mom couldn't of been happier with her mother's day getaway


And a belated happy mother's day to all the mom's!!


(and please note, we actually have some walls now! woo hoo. more house pics to come!)

No comments: