When mom and dad went to the Bahamas, Dominga and I got a train ticket to Windsor.
I talked about my upcoming trip to Grandmas and Papas non-stop for weeks.... why? well, let me provide you with some examples....
In the pic above it is 10:30pm and I am hanging out at McDondalds eating fries and ice cream.
Grandma and Papa let me stay up late, they took me shopping for toys, I got an endless amount of treats and cuddles, I did not have to do any homework, I got to run around outside for hours and get as dirty as I wanted, I visited with all of the neighbours, I built puzzles and played classic games like Trouble and discovered new games like Racko, instead of one book at bedtime I got at least 8, I was allowed to watch Amazing Race and Survivor when it actually aired, and it was a sanitizer free zone.... the list goes on and on
So, in one word, my March break - AWESOME!!!!
To add to the list above, we also went out to dinner several times - and I got to go to a place called 'Brews and Cues'....
Where I learned how to play pool!
Not surprisingly I loved it and after a couple of games I half expected Paul Neuman aka "Fast Eddie Felson" to come up to my table and offer to make me his new pool hustler protege.... watch out Tom Cruise
The deer knew I was in town, so they came by all the windows to check to see if I would come out and play with them.
And of course I went outside, but not to play with the deer.
Instead we went for long walks in the woods and we also built fires!!
Boy, do I ever love me some backyard fires!!
Did I mention the part about getting super dirty?!
And contrary to mom's interpretation of this photo, I did not get down on my hands and knees and rub my own face in the dirt around the fire pit....... what she fails to understand is that building a fire is just dirty business and personally I think I look quite dashing with a soot beard.
Thanks Grandma and Papa for taking such good care of me while mom and dad were gone, but most especially, thank you for making this March Break sooooooo much fun!!!







1 comment:
loved having both you and Dominga here for a visit!!! Come anytime! It was soooo much fun playing games, hiking, fires, pool, laughing, singing, etc......
Thanks for visiting!
Post a Comment